Dell unveils thin and configurable Client Wyse 5070 at a competitive pricing
Recently, Dell has unveiled thin and configurable Client, Wyse 5070. With the addition of Wyse 5070, Dell has expanded its series of 5000 mainstream thin clients. Thin clients and zero clients are getting increasingly popular across several fields. Dell has come up with a seemingly simple solution, standardizing across the enterprise. Not only are there high levels of standardization, the 5070 is the most configurable thin client to date. The Wyse 5070 runs the usual suspects, including Citrix, VMware, and Microsoft VDI as well as browser-based solutions, such as Office365 and Google Docs. The new thin client gives users a choice between Pentium and Celeron CPUs, and additionally allowing them to choose either a slim chassis or an extended chassis.
One of the most striking points about the new Dell Wyse solution is how it serves to simplify both the company’s thin client portfolio and customers’ experience. By incorporating a range of core technologies and offering numerous options, the 5070 effectively outnumber.
It substantially reduces the purchasing, deployment, and management complexity, which is always a bonus for customers. Plus, it has enabled Dell Technologies partners that offer thin client maintenance and support services. Most importantly, Dell Wyse has achieved these feats while keeping pricing for 5070 configurations comparable to the six thin clients.
Dell Wyse 5070 Features
- Computer: The 5070 is available with Intel’s latest model quad core Celeron or Pentium processors
- Monitors: The new solutions variously offer two, three, or six ports for driving up to 4K @60Hz UHD displays
- Networking/peripherals: The 5070 has three networking options in addition to the standard RJ45 port; a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) port (fiber and copper), dual-band wireless, and a second RJ45 to address teaming and failover requirements. There are 8 external USB ports, including one for USB 3.1 Type-C
- Models: The Celeron-based 5070 includes two display ports, audio jacks on the front, and comes in a slim form factor. The Pentium-based 5070 supports three display ports and an additional audio port on the rear. There’s also a Pentium-based 5070 Extended model that has three display ports and a second serial port, a parallel port, and a half-height PCIe slot. It also supports an optional AMD GPU, thus gaining three additional factory-supported display ports
- Security: The 5070 and 5070 Extended also offer an optional integrated CAC / SmartCard reader for supporting dual factor authentication
- Mounts: The 5070 is available with a chassis stand, and supports optional wall mounts and behind the monitor mounts for Dell’s E-Series, P-Series, and U-Series displays
- OS, VDI and browser-based application options: The 5070 is available with Wyse ThinOS, Wyse ThinLinux, and Windows IoT Enterprise operating environments. It supports Citrix, VMware, Microsoft VDI infrastructure solutions, as well as browser-based applications, including Microsoft Office365 and Google Docs
- Dell’s R&D has come a long way with the incorporation/integration of technologies and options in Dell Wyse 5070. As a result of this, Dell Wyse 5070 says a great deal about the company’s design and manufacturing prowess. Dell Wyse 5070 is just the latest Dell Wyse solution to enjoy this transformation.
- The 5070’s configuration adaptability also enables it to support organizations in virtually every global market. The fact is that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all computing solution, especially when it comes to global markets. By offering both future-focused features (like USB Type C) and still-useful old school options (like Serial ports), Dell Wyse ensures that no customer is left behind. Besides, it also offers ways forward for the organizations ready to embrace new technologies.
- But consolidating solutions also enables Dell Technologies to deliver significantly enhanced features and business-class performance while holding the line on pricing. It emphasizes one of the key points of thin client solutions – to deliver the exact computing features organizations need in a package that is considerably more price and performance efficient than general purpose PCs.
- Overall, the new 5070 stands as an excellent example of the continuing vitality of thin client technologies. In addition, it underscores why Dell Wyse has long been and remains a leading provider of thin client solutions for global customers.
You might also like
More from Information Technology
Wireless IT accessories is a big trend nowadays. Whether you’re a gamer or just someone who works on a computer …
IP-COM, a global manufacturer and supplier of enterprises networking products and commercial networking solution launched the G3210P, an 8-Port Gigabit …
Blueprint Technologies Bags ‘HR Cloud Partner of the Year 2018’ Award at SAP India Partner Summit 2019
The SAP Partner Awards are presented annually to the top SAP partners that have excelled in developing and strengthening their …