TechGig Geek Goddess 2019
India’s biggest coding arena for women was yet again monumental in shaping the future women workforce in India. The competition was concluded on 8th November in India’s Silicon city Bangalore.
Here is everything that happened-
- Tanneeru Leela beat 73,388 women technologists to take home the title crown
- All the 73,300 + code submissions underwent strict scrutiny and only 375 women technologists were invited for the finale hackathon
- Winners took home prizes worth Rs 7,50,000 collectively
- Finale day celebrations concluded with a job fair for IT professionals where half a dozen companies hired women technologists for their firms
- Ram Awasthi, Technology, VP- Technology & Chief Architect at Times Internet crowned the winner and shared his vision about the future of women coders in India.
The Role of TechGig Geek Goddess in meeting the talent demands in a practical way
Interaction with Ram Awasthi, VP – Technology, Times Internet Ltd
- Why should anyone pick coding as a career in 2019?
Not just for 2019, in the coming decades Coding will be the core backend for Technology domain. Coding helps you in building user experiences and support technology which will be used by millions of users. So, Coding is the key ingredient to create the same. It will be very exciting to see that happen, for example, Google has recently announced their latest invention of the quantum computer. This has opened up new areas of computing in a non-traditional way, so Coding’s potential is expected to increase.
- What are the probable hurdles that a young coder can expect?
The first thing to become a successful Coder is that your computer science basics should be very strong, then comes the passion to write code. Everything you learn during your college should be clear, then what’s left is just to practice, practice, and practice.
- Right from the inception of these events you give out certificates to the contestants, have those certificates impacted them in attaining a certain status while entering the industry?
Yes, it has. For example, last year in TechGig Geek Goddess edition 4 one candidate was hired by Google even before the results were announced, so that way it’s a great symbol of superiority over the non-competitors.
- Will the competition score impact the job fair tomorrow? And who are the big names that will be hiring at the job fair?
Yes, there will be a certain score given to each contestant according to their performance. Then the companies can lay out their requirements and find the perfect match of talent. As for the job fair, companies like CapGemini and American Express will be a part of it.
You might also like
More from Information Technology
Remote Work: Is your business’s IT environment ready for the challenges confronting the new normal? Panicked responses to the infamous COVID-19 …
Engineered for Versatility - Synology® Introduces the DiskStation 20+ Series in India Synology Inc. today launched a new generation of two and four bay …