Xiaomi sold over 12 million devices in one month during festive sales
Set a new record of over 8.5 million Xiaomi smartphones sold within this period
Achieved an industry leading 40% YoY growth during festive period
Xiaomi, India’s number 1 smartphone and Smart TV brand today announced that it has sold over 12 million Xiaomi devices in one month during festive sales period – from 28th September till 29th October, 2019. This translates to a massive 40% YoY growth over last year’s festive sales for Xiaomi. This growth comes from a very huge base of over 8.5 Million devices sold last year, when Xiaomi was already the largest brand in the country.
Xiaomi devices include Xiaomi smartphones, Mi TVs, Mi Ecosystem and Accessory products that were sold across mi.com, Mi Home, Flipkart, Amazon and all offline partner stores.
- Xiaomi sold over 8.5 million smartphones during this period.
- This translates into 37% YoY growth in smartphone sales
- It is one of the highest number of smartphones sold by any brand in India, within the one month duration
- Redmi Note 7 series was the best selling series
- On Amazon, almost all the best sellers were Xiaomi phones. For example during the main Diwali sale, 9 out of the top 10 selling phones on Amazon were Xiaomi phones.
- Redmi 7 and Redmi 7A were the best selling budget smartphones on Amazon
(2) Mi TVs
- Xiaomi also sold over 600,000 Mi TVs during this period.
- This translates into 48% YoY growth in Mi TV sales
- The total smart TV industry is estimated to be around 400,000 / month**, while Xiaomi sold more than 600,000 smart TVs within one month
- Mi TV was the highest-selling TV on both Amazon and Flipkart
(3) Ecosystem products
- Xiaomi also sold over 3 million Mi Ecosystem products and accessories
- This translates into 42% YoY growth for the category.
- Mi Band(s) were the bestsellers in the Wearable category on Amazon
- Mi Power Banks were the bestsellers in the power banks category on Amazon
- Mi Air Purifier 2S was the #1 bestseller in the Air Purifier category on Amazon
- Newly launched Mi Smart Water Purifier was sold out within minutes of starting the sale
At the beginning of the festive period, Xiaomi announced having sold more than 5.3 million Xiaomi devices in the first few days of festive sales. It also announced crossing its benchmark sales of over 3.8 million smartphones, over 500,000 Mi TVs and over 400,000 Mi Ecosystem products and accessories being sold.
Raghu Reddy, Head of Categories and Online sales, Xiaomi India says, “The festive season has always been the biggest shopping season for us at Xiaomi and we work hard each year to ensure we celebrate it with our Mi Fans. This year we launched several new products – Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8A, Redmi 8, new Mi TVs, Mi Smart Air Water purifier and many new products. Moreover we had attractive offers on Redmi Note 7 series, Redmi 7, Redmi 7A and all existing products. Our festive sales have soared beyond expectations where we have sold an industry leading 12 million+ devices across all our platforms. We are thrilled, and equally humbled by all the love we have received from our customers and Mi Fans across India and we will continue to work persistently to usher in the festive cheer for everyone each year.”
About Xiaomi Corporation
Xiaomi Corporation was founded in April 2010 and listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on July 9, 2018 (1810.HK). Xiaomi is an internet company with smartphones and smart hardware connected by an Internet of Things (IoT) platform at its core. With the vision of being friends with its users and being the “coolest company” in the hearts of its users, Xiaomi is committed to continuous innovation, with an unwavering focus on quality and efficiency. The company relentlessly builds amazing products with honest prices to let everyone in the world enjoy a better life through innovative technologies. Xiaomi is currently the world’s fourth-largest smartphone brand, and has established the world’s largest consumer IoT platform, with more than 196 million smart devices connected to this platform, excluding smartphones and laptops. Currently, Xiaomi products are present in more than 80 countries and regions around the world and have a leading foothold in many of them. In July 2019, Xiaomi for the first time made the Fortune Global 500 list, ranking 468th among all, and 7th in the Internet Services and Retailing category. It is also the youngest Global 500 company of 2019.
Xiaomi India is the number 1 smartphone player since Q3 2017. Xiaomi India is the number 1 Smart TV brand since Q2 2018 as per IDC Worldwide Quarterly Tracker.
You might also like
More from Smart Home
Avoid 'dish-stress’ by getting the much-needed dishwasher Get 10% instant discount up to INR 1,500 until June 8 on using Citibank Debit & …