The New, Powerful Samsung Galaxy Note9 Debuts in India
Samsung India unveiled its most powerful Note, Galaxy Note9, at a grand event hosted by DJ Koh, Global President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics. The event, attended by media, Note fans and partners, featured Mr. Koh presenting the first lot of Galaxy Note9 devices to few Note loyalists, chosen from across India. As we had posted earlier Samsung is setting up world’s largest mobile factory in Noida India and with the addition of this new flagship Samsung is setting the benchmark for technology in smartphones in India.
The Galaxy Note series is recognized for introducing Samsung’s latest ground-breaking innovations. The all-new Galaxy Note9 builds on this legacy; a premium smartphone that delivers the ultimate in performance with a new S Pen with remote control to easily drive presentation and take selfies, Samsung’s most intelligent camera yet, and an all-new PC-like experience with Samsung DeX and an HDMI cable.
“I am very pleased to present the Galaxy Note9 on behalf of the 70,000 Samsung employees in India. Since Samsung entered the country in 1995, we have grown together with India and we are now the most beloved mobile brand,” said DJ Koh, Global President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics. “Note fans are Samsung’s most loyal; we know they want it all to get the most out of work and play, and Galaxy Note9 is the only phone that can keep up with their busy lives,” he added.
“Galaxy Note9 is a super powerful device built for people who expect more. For me, Galaxy Note9 combines the power of a laptop, media streaming device, power bank, external hard drive, gaming console, DSLR camera and a selfie stick. And this is what it will deliver to every consumer who chooses to move up to the new Note,” said Asim Warsi, Senior Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India.
All Day Performance
People rely on their smartphones for almost everything they do – all-day, every day. They need a phone that can keep up without having to find the nearest outlet to recharge, delete pictures to free up storage for their next snap, anxiously wait for their video to download before boarding their flight, or deal with any lag time when gaming.
They need a phone that won’t let them down and Galaxy Note9 delivers.
· All Day Battery: Galaxy Note9’s 4,000mAh battery is the largest ever on a flagship Galaxy phone for long-lasting power to use all-day to talk, text, play games and watch movies from morning to night.
· Store More, Delete Less: Galaxy Note9 is available with two internal storage options – choose from 128GB or 512GB. And with the ability to insert a microSD card, Galaxy Note9 is 1TB ready to have peace of mind knowing there is enough room for favorite photos, videos and apps.
· Speed and Power: Galaxy Note9 is a super powerful smartphone with cutting-edge 10nm processor and support for the fastest network speeds available in the market (up to 1.2 gigabits per second) to stream and download without slowing down. Galaxy Note9 also includes an industry-leading and Samsung developed Water Carbon Cooling system and on-device AI-based performance adjusting algorithm to deliver the powerful yet stable performance.
The S Pen That’s Just Like a Remote
The S Pen is the signature feature of the Note series – it’s how users have made their mark, and how Samsung has expanded the notion of what a smartphone can do. What began as a tool for writing and drawing is now putting more power and control in their hands.
Now with Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) support, the new S Pen delivers an entirely new way to use the Note. With just a click, it’s now possible to take selfies and group pictures, present slides, play and pause video, and more. It works just like a remote that lets you control your phone. Developers can even integrate the S Pen’s new, advanced BLE functionalities into their apps later this year.
The Intelligent Camera That Makes Pictures Perfect
It can be hard to take a picture that looks just like the ones the pros take – but it shouldn’t be. Galaxy Note9 builds on Samsung’s industry-leading camera technologies with new capabilities that take the work out of getting the perfect picture.
· Scene Optimizer: Galaxy Note9’s camera is Samsung’s smartest yet. It uses intelligence to identify elements of a photo, such as scene and subject, to automatically classify it into one of 20 categories and instantly optimize it based on the category. The result is a stunning, lifelike image with bold colors and dynamic definition.
· Flaw Detection: The first shot doesn’t always come out right, but the Galaxy Note9 lets users know if there’s something wrong, so they can take another picture without losing the moment. An immediate notification will appear if the image is blurry, the subject blinked, there is a smudge on the lens, or there’s backlight impacting the quality of the image.
· Powerful Camera: With the unique combination of advanced intelligence features and leading premium hardware, Galaxy Note9’s camera is the best on the market. It comes with advanced noise reduction technology, and a Dual Aperture lens, which adjusts to light just like the human eye.. No matter the lighting conditions, be it day or even in low light, the Galaxy Note9’s top-tier camera delivers a crystal-clear shot, every time. It also allows super-slow motion video capture at 960 fps.
Unmatched Experiences: From Work to Play
The Infinity Display is the cornerstone of Samsung’s design heritage, and Galaxy Note9 has the largest edge-to-edge display ever on a Note. The 6.4-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display provides a truly immersive multimedia experience. Galaxy Note9’s Infinity Display is complemented by stereo speakers, which are tuned by AKG, and ability to deliver Dolby Atmos® immersive audio for a life like entertainment experience. Mobile video has never looked or sounded better than it does on Galaxy Note9. YouTube named Galaxy Note9 as a Signature Device able to deliver a best-in-class YouTube experience.
Galaxy Note9 also delivers a PC-like experience with Samsung DeX. Users can work on presentations, edit photos, and watch their favorite shows on the big screen. This PC like experience is powered just by their phone by simply connecting to a TV or monitor via easy to carry HDMI adapters. When connected to a monitor, Galaxy Note9 can power a virtualized desktop and even serve as a fully-functional second screen with the dual mode. Users can take notes with the S Pen while watching a video, or use Galaxy Note9 as a trackpad, to right-click, drag and drop, and use multiple windows on a monitor. It’s never been easier to be more productive.
The Mark of a True Flagship
The premium Galaxy technologies come standard with Galaxy Note9: fast wireless charging, IP68 water and dust resistance, hybrid dual sim and Samsung services such as Samsung Health and Samsung Pay. Galaxy Note9 features Samsung’s trusted, defense-grade Knox security platform and biometric security options including fingerprint scanning, iris scanning and facial recognition capabilities to keep important information safe.
Availability & Offers
Galaxy Note9 will be available in India starting August 24. It is priced at INR 67,900 and INR 84,900 for 128GB and 512GB variants, respectively.
In India, Galaxy Note9 will be available to consumers starting August 24, the same day as it will be available globally. The device will be offered in Midnight Black and Metallic Copper colours, with matching S Pen. The Ocean Blue colour variant will come with a yellow S Pen.
Consumers can avail exciting cashbacks worth INR 6,000 through Paytm Mall or when they make a payment through HDFC bank credit and debit cards. Customers can also exchange their old smartphone, and avail an exchange bonus of INR 6,000 through Samsung upgrade, which is now available for other Android phones as well.
Offers from Telecom Operator Partners
· Samsung Galaxy Note9 (128 GB) will be available on the Airtel online store at a down payment of just INR 7,900 and an EMI of INR 2,999, built-in with a monthly postpaid plan.
· Airtel customers with INR 499 or INR 799 infinity postpaid plan on the new Samsung Galaxy Note9 will get an additional 75GB of 3G/4G data per month, for 30 billing cycles.
· Vodafone customers on Samsung Galaxy Note9 can enjoy an unlimited entertainment experience with free Netflix subscription for 12-month on subscribing to Red postpaid plans of INR 999 and above.
· Customers using Jio can enjoy a 30-day International Roaming Pack (Voice & Data) on Jio postpaid, exclusively on the Galaxy Note9 at a cost of INR 5,000.
Galaxy Note9 Specifications
|6.4-inch (16.2cm) Quad HD+ Super AMOLED, 2960 x 1440 (516ppi)|
*Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners
*default resolution is Full HD+ and can be changed to Quad HD+ (WQHD) in settings
|Rear: Dual Camera with Dual OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)|
-Wide- angle: Super Speed Dual Pixel 12MP AF, F1.5/F2.4, OIS
– Telephoto: 12MP AF, F2.4, OIS
– 2X optical zoom , up to 10X digital Zoom
Front: 8 MP AF, F1.7
|161.9 x 76.4x 8.8mm, 201g, IP68 (BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm, 3.1g, IP68)|
*Carrying an IP68 dust and water resistance rating. Based on test conditions of submersion in up to 1.5 metres of fresh water for up to 30 minutes
|10nm 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.7 GHz + 1.7 GHz)|
|6GB RAM (LPDDR4), 128GB + MicroSD slot ( up to 512 GB)|
8GB RAM (LPDDR4), 512GB + MicroSD slot ( up to 512 GB)
*user memory is less than total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may charge after software upgrades are performed.
|Hybrid: one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot (up to 512GB)|
Fast Charging compatible on wired and wireless
Wired charging compatible with QC2.0 and AFC
Wireless charging compatible with WPC and PMA
*may differ by market and mobile operator
|Android 8.1 (Oreo)|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM,|
BluetoothR v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo*, Glonass, BeiDou*)
*Galileo and BeiDou coverage may be limited.
|Accelerometer, Barometer, fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor|
|Lock Type: Pattern, Pin, Password|
Biometric Lock Types: Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner, Facial Recognition
Intelligent scan: Combines iris scan and face recognition for convenient unlocking and in some cases provides enhanced security for certain authentication services
More from Launches
ROG G703, ROG Zephyrus S GX531, ROG Strix SCAR II, and ROG Strix Hero II are updated with new NVIDIA …
Hotstar’s ambitious foray into content for a billion screens – announces Hotstar Specials, featuring a spectacular line up of storytellers
Star India, the nation’s storyteller and its most innovative content company across TV, Films & Sports, is ready with its next …
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), part of the USD 20.7 billion Mahindra Group, today announced the introduction of the 8-seater option on the top-end …