- May 15th – The Honor 10 runs EMUI 8.1 on top of Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. It sports a 5.84-inch full-HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) LCD display with an 19:9 aspect ratio. The handset is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC, paired with 6GB of RAM on all variants.In the camera department, the Honor 10 gets a dual camera setup on the back with a 16-megapixel + 24-megapixel camera combo, including features such as a dual LED flash and f/1.8 aperture. It comes with “AI Camera” branding on the back. The front camera has a 24-megapixel sensor for selfies and video calling. There is 64GB/ 128GB of inbuilt eMMC 5.1 storage. It comes with a 3400mAh battery with quick charging support. Honor claims the bundled charger can charge the smartphone up to 50 percent in 25 minutes.Connectivity options on the Honor 10 include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. Dimensions of the handset are 149.6×71.2×7.7mm and weight is 153 grams. Honor 10 price has been set at CNY 2,599 for the 6GB RAM/ 64GB inbuilt storage variant and CNY 2,999 for the 6GB/ 128GB version. It will be made available in Black, Grey, Mirage Blue, and Mirage Purple.
2. OnePlus 6
- May 16th/17th – The OnePlus 6 have been awaited till now with the exception of the many teasers that have been released by OnePlus itself. However, we now know the official date of unveiling of the phone. The OnePlus 6 is set to be unveiled globally on May 16 at a keynote event in London.The event will be followed by an India launch event in Mumbai on May 17, where OnePlus will reveal specifics of the phone in India. Another event is scheduled for May 17 in Beijing, where the phone will be launched in China as well.The OnePlus 6 will go on sale in India shortly after on May 21 on Amazon India, through an early-access sale for Amazon Prime members. While pricing will be announced at the launch event in London, it is expected that the OnePlus 6 will be priced at around Rs 36,999 in India
3. Moto G6
- The Moto G6 Plus has a 5.93-inch full-HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio. It runs on the 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 630 processor, with 4GB of RAM. There is a dual-rear-camera setup with a 12-megapixel primary sensor and a secondary 5-megapixel sensor, while an 8-megapixel camera on the front. It comes with 64GB of storage, and 3200mAh battery. The slightly smaller Moto G6 has a 5.7-inch full-HD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. It’s powered by the 1.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 450 SoC and 3GB RAM. It has a similar dual-rear-camera setup with a 12-megapixel primary sensor and a 5-megapixel sensor, and 8-megapixel front camera. It comes with 32GB storage, and a 3000mAh battery.
4. Honor 7A/7C
- Honor 7A runs EMUI 8.0 on top of Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. It sports a 5.7-inch HD+ (720×1440 pixels) IPS LCD display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. The smartphone is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC, paired with 2GB/ 3GB of RAM and Adreno 505 GPU. There is a 3000mAh non-removable battery. the Honor 7A bears a dual camera setup on the 3GB RAM variant: a 13-megapixel primary CMOS sensor plus a 2-megapixel secondary sensor. The 2GB RAM variant of Honor 7A gets a single rear camera with a 13-megapixel CMOS sensor.
5. Realme by Oppo
- May 15th – Specs are not yet confirmed.
6. Xiaomi Mi A2 & Redmi S2
- Mi 6X will have a 5.99-inches display with an 18:9 aspect ratio and full HD+ resolution (1080p). This is similar to the Redmi Note 5 Pro. The processor is Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, which is an octa-core one clocked at 2.2Ghz. The smartphone comes with LPDDR4X RAM with 4GB and 6GB variants. The storage options are 64GB and 128GB and there is microSD card support as well, though Xiaomi has not yet specified this.The rear camera is 12MP+20MP with the 12MP sensor sporting f/1.75 aperture, while the 20MP sensor has f/1.8 aperture. The front camera is 20MP with LED flash as well. Xiaomi claims the smartphone comes with AI features on the camera where it can automatically recognise the scene and adjust settings automatically. The Mi 6X will also have a face recognition feature to unlock the phone. Xiaomi Mi 6X will have a 3010 battery with QuickCharge 3.0. The company claims it will charge to 50 per cent in just under 30 minutes. The Mi 6X has dual firing speakers at the bottom. Whereas, Xiaomi is prepping a budget phone with an 18:9 screen and a dual camera. It will be called the Xiaomi Redmi S2 suggests it shall be launched in India and China. The phone will feature a 720 x 1,440 px LCD screen, though there’s no info on the size yet.Also, the Redmi S2 will be powered by a Snapdragon 625 chipset, the same used in the Redmi Note 5, and will run Android 8.1 Oreo. there will be a 12 MP + 5 MP camera on the back plus a 5 MP selfie cam on the front. It will feature portrait mode and EIS. The front camera will also handle face unlocking (no word on a fingerprint reader). Camera design is going to be similar to Redmi Note 5 Pro. The Redmi S2 will pack a 3,080 mAh battery.
7. LG G7 ThinQ
- May 2nd– the LG G7 ThinQ is said to pack in some serious AI software and a “super bright” 6.1-inch LCD display with a brightness of 1,000 Nits. It is also rumoured to have the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC.
8. Nokia X
- May 16th – HMD Global is likely to unveil Nokia X with iPhone X like Notch Display on May 16, 2018. It looks like Nokia has finally decided on the name of the smartphone and will be introducing it as Nokia X. Now the company has even confirmed the launch date for the Nokia X and will be bringing it in the Chinese market on May 16 as translated from a post on Weibo. As the image posted on the website shows, the Nokia smartphone will come with an iPhone X-like notch on top of an edge-to-edge display. The design is very similar to Apple’s iPhone X and the multiple other notch-bearing edge-to-edge display-bearing smartphones, but has a wider section to the bottom bearing the Nokia logo. the device point at a 5.8-inch, Full HD+ display bearing 19:9 aspect ratio and 1080 x 2280-pixel display resolution. It is expected to run Android One v8.1 (Oreo), along with options for 4GB and 6GB of memory, and 64GB and 128GB of storage. The phone may be powered by either the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 or the MediaTek Helio P60.
* Note – All these events are happening in India & around the world. Also, we don’t take any responsibility of this and all these details are subject to change anytime.
You might also like
More from Launches
ZTE Set to launch new mobile Axon 9 at IFA 2018 in Berlin, resumes India operations in July Chinese telecom gear …
Honor 8x listed on TENAA, features 7.12-inch display with massive 5000 mAh battery Huawei's sub-brand Honor's Honor 7x is still one of …
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to be be unveiled in India on August 22 South Korean electronics major Samsung is set to …