Jabra PanaCast launched in India for $895
- Unique 180-degree plug-and-play video and connected experience combined with real-time detection and learning
- Combines world’s first AI-enabled intelligent panoramic video with 150-year expertise in sound
- Ensures a naturally immersive experience, elevating conference call solutions and fostering true collaboration
- Building trust, driving higher engagement and ultimately achieving better business outcomes faster
Jabra, leader in audio and communications solutions, now launches the Jabra PanaCast, engineered to be the world’s first smart Panoramic-4K Plug-and-Play video solution Certified for Microsoft Teams. With this, Jabra strengthens its foothold in solutions for office huddle rooms. This real-time immersive intelligent vision system offers 180-degree panoramic vision which ensures everyone in the room is seen. Jabra PanaCast provides unique value for huddle rooms and spaces, delivering wall-to-wall video, audio and data, which is critical for modern video collaboration.
Jabra’s portfolio has always focused on solutions that enhance productivity through improved concentration, conversation and collaboration. With Jabra PanaCast, Jabra will be combining its 150-year expertise in sound with industry-first video technology to deliver the most collaborative huddle room experience to date.
Jabra PanaCast is the world’s first intelligent panoramic video collaboration device with three 13-megapixel cameras, working together as one via core technology embedded in the built-in Jabra PanaCast Vision Processor. The multi-camera array solution offers a full 180-degree panoramic field of view delivering a naturally immersive experience – a key element in building trust, driving higher engagement and ultimately achieving better business outcomes faster. The panoramic video gives everyone in the room equal participation, fostering healthy discussion and true collaboration – despite not being in the same room.
Jabra PanaCast’s leading-edge cameras and microphones, fourth-generation stitching technology and Intelligent Vision software work as one to ensure optimal performance. Now any room can be used to video conference with wall-to-wall coverage in Panoramic-4K video. Jabra PanaCast enables companies to make use of their full meeting spaces, eliminating the approximately 40 per cent room wastage seen with conventional camera solutions.
Intelligent resource management
Jabra PanaCast’s built-in people detection technologies will provide the possibility of system-wide business intelligence by capturing accurate usage and occupancy information. As AV and IT become more and more integrated, the need for accurate data and metrics increases. The upcoming Jabra PanaCast API will enable developers and partners to query the system for real-time information, such as people count data.
The advanced AI utilizes a Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) to count the number of people in the field of view, up to 12m away, and provide numeric data which organisations can use to inform decisions on calendar management, room utilisation and resource management, or to automate facility assets’ power management, such as TV monitors, lights, videoconferencing equipment and more. The technology will be available through the Jabra PanaCast API built for the Windows operating system and can be used for large areas like classrooms, auditoriums and general gatherings.
Dr. Amitesh Punhani, Country Marketing Manager, India & SAARC, Jabra said: “We understand the needs of our consumers and always strive towards delivering products that are at par with changing technology. Jabra PanaCast will help our enterprise customers attain optimal workplace productivity and collaboration through both audio and video technology.”
Peter Jayaseelan, Managing Director, South Asia said “India is a key market for us and we are dedicated to help our customers enhance their productivity by communicating and collaborating more effectively. The recent acquisition of Altia Systems allows us to expand as an integrated audio and video communication solutions provider. Jabra PanaCast video solution will strengthen our enterprise portfolio. It’s unique 180 degrees panoramic-4K plug and play video solution will help us deliver superlative experience in easy to use video conferencing and fully utilize the huddle spaces.”
Bringing the huddle room to life
Jabra’s leading conference speakerphone series “Speak” can be integrated with PanaCast to further optimise the UC experience, enabling users to hold meetings wherever they may be without having to compromise on clear audio quality. Jabra’s unique technology boasts an omni-directional microphone and HD Voice – providing 360-degree coverage and picking up sounds from any angle.
Jabra PanaCast provides unique value for huddle rooms and spaces, ticking all the boxes critical for modern video collaboration. It easily mounts on a digital display or on a wall with available mounting hardware. The USB based connection allows connection to any compatible device for instant setup and mobile meeting capability.
The solution is compatible with popular cloud-based solutions including Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, Slack, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, Unify Circuit, BlueJeans and more, so people can plug-and-play in seconds with their existing collaboration services by simply plugging the device into the computer USB port.
Key features and specifications:
- Simple plug-and-play operation with no software required via a single USB cable
- 180-degree panoramic view seamlessly integrates video from three cameras with real-time dynamic stitching embedded in the onboard Jabra PanaCast Vision Processor
- Certified for Microsoft Teams
- Naturally inclusive and immersive experience gives everyone equal participation
- Crystal clear sound that picks up every voice in the room
- 0% wasted space with industry-first multi-camera array system
- Intelligent Vision (AI) products sense, anticipate and adjust automatically so people can focus on their meeting and discussion
- Industry-first Intelligent Zoom autonomously and continuously optimises the field of view to include everyone in the conversation
- Jabra PanaCast Vivid 2.0 automatically adjusts the video properties to optimise the video experience under varying light conditions
- The upcoming open and standards-based API provides data for companies and ecosystem partners to build value added services that can help optimise workflows, automate room/calendar management, enable green energy initiatives like automatically turning off unused equipment (smart building capabilities enablement).
Pricing and availability:
Jabra PanaCast will be available at all Jabra authorized resellers from Sept 2019 at USD 895 ex-works.
Jabra is a leader in engineering communications and sound solutions – innovating to empower both consumers and businesses. Proudly part of the GN Group, we are committed to letting people hear more, do more, and be more than they ever thought possible. Through sound and video, we help transform lives. Jabra engineering excellence leads the way, building on 150 years of pioneering work. This allows us to create integrated headsets and communications tools that help professionals work more productively; wireless headphones and earbuds that let consumers better enjoy calls, music, and media; and pioneering video conferencing solutions, enabling seamless collaboration between distributed teams. Jabra employs approx. 1,400 people worldwide, and reported annual revenue of DKK 4,7bn in 2018. The GN Group, founded in 1869, operates in 100 countries and delivers innovation, reliability, and ease of use. Today, GN employs 6000 people, and is Nasdaq Copenhagen listed. GN makes life sound better. www.jabra.com
You might also like
More from Gadgets
Best Valentine's Day Gifts for the gadget obsessed partner With Valentine's Day just around the corner, make sure to get ahead on your …