Synology® Unveils DS1621+ Over Double the Performance
Synology Inc. today introduced the next generation 6-bay DiskStation NAS, the DS1621+, designed for high-performance data storage and management. A compact powerhouse, the DS1621+ enables content creators and businesses to store and protect large quantities of data effortlessly.
The new DS1621+ delivers:
- 76% faster sequential write performance at up to 1.1 GB/s1
- 174% higher 4KB random read performance with 110K IOPS1
The DS1621+ is by far the most powerful Plus series yet. Its quad-core AMD RyzenTM processor features the next-generation “Zen” architecture, delivering over 2x more processing power2.
“Our customers, more than ever, are relying on Synology storage solutions to store and directly utilize critical data, whether for business or personal use,” said Hewitt Lee, Director of Synology Product Management Group. “DS1621+ is designed to be a versatile solution that empowers content creators and collectors by not only providing fast, reliable, and high-capacity storage, but also simplifying IT with effortless backups for PCs and virtual machines.”
Its dual M.2 2280 slots allow NVMe SSD caching to boost performance by 20x or more for commonly accessed data. The DS1621+ also supports an optional 10GbE NIC3 for faster network environments and more concurrent users.
World-Class Storage & Protection
Whether you are a content creator, IT administrator, or just someone with plenty of files to store, the DS1621+ provides 6 drive bays, with expansion up to 16 bays using expansion units for truly large file libraries4. Support for ECC memory and data integrity features built into the heart of the operating system, DiskStation Manager (DSM), means your data is in good hands.
Your Gateway to Enterprise-level Data Protection
DSM comes with a variety of backup and restoration solutions that cover the most common situations. Snapshot Replication creates schedulable point-in-time recovery points, allowing easy ways to roll-back unintended file edits or even ransomware encryption.
For additional off-site protection, Synology Hyper Backup enables simple, schedulable protection to keep your data backed up to Synology NAS, Synology C2 cloud storage, and other public cloud providers.
The DS1621+ can also be used to protect data from other sources. Active Backup for Business allows centralized backup from external infrastructure such as PCs, virtual machines, and Google G Suite and Microsoft 365 SaaS.
Manage Data Your Way
Synology NAS is more than just storage. Utilizing DSM’s application ecosystem, the possibilities for data management are endless.
Want to take back control of your data? Synology Drive transforms the DS1621+ into a private cloud, with no recurring fees. Share your files across LAN environments, multiple sites, and intelliversioning lets users jump back in time to recover older file versions. Clients are available for mobile, desktop, web and other Synology NAS, allowing you more ways to access your data.
Catalog your pictures and videos in new ways with Synology Moments. Using machine learning algorithms, facial recognition, and geotag information, Moments automatically groups photos by person, location, and subjects. Built with collaboration in mind, users can edit alone, or share photos with others, allowing them to edit together. The companion mobile app enables effortless photo and video backup from your mobile devices.
DS1621+ is available today from Synology resellers and partners globally, together with an option for up to 5-years warranty5.
- Performance figures are achieved in the Synology lab with optimized network and configuration settings. Actual performance could vary in different environments. Comparison is done against prior-generation 6-bay DS1618+. For full details on the test setup, please visit the Synology performance page here.
- CPU performance improvement compared to Intel Atom®Processor C3538.
- Compatible NICs include the E10G17-F2, E10G18-T2, E10G18-T1. For the latest compatible devices, check the compatibility list.
- Supports LFF (3.5″) or SFF (2.5″) SATA drives. Drive compatibility is dependent on Synology’s compatibility list. The capacity of DS1621+ can be expanded using two Synology DX517 Expansion Units, purchased separately.
- DS1621+ includes 3-year limited hardware warranty, which can be extended to 5-years with the optional EW201 bundle, a 2-year Extended Warranty service add-on.
You might also like
More from Information Technology
RecordCast - Screen Record Without Installing Software A video of what is happening on the screen, often accompanied by audio or …
Synology 2021: DSM 7.0 Beta & the future of data management Synology introduced an entirely redesigned DiskStation Manager (DSM), the unified operating …
How Uniken's unique solution helped its clients stay afloat during the pandemic The crisis brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is …