Pros & Cons of VPS Hosting : Important Things to know before you buy
VPS Hosting comes with the features of both – shared hosting and dedicated hosting. Offering the best of both the worlds, VPS hosting is suited to the needs of business organizations of all sizes and scales. It is also perfect for the SMBs and start-ups that are now moving towards expansion. In VPS Hosting, many people are using the same hosting space. However, every website using a VPS or Virtual Private Server uses its own operating system and other such resources. The server is not entirely allocated to one website at one time. However, the users can acquire and release resources seamlessly with ease as and when required. So, a virtual private server comes with the best characteristics of the dedicated and shared hosting.
If you are also considering the purchase of a VPS for your business organization, given below is a list of its pros and cons. Read them carefully to understand the service and its characteristics in a better manner and then make a choice as an informed consumer. However, be informed that VPS Hosting is expensive. So, don’t forget to use some smart money-saving options such as coupons for Bigrock to make your plans easier on your pockets.
Pros of using the VPS Hosting:
- VPS Hosting is Private while being shared hosting
VPS Hosting offers you the best parts of a shared hosting without making you lose your privacy. All the resources of a server are shared among the websites using a VPS server. However, no one knows about the existing and information on other websites. So, you can enjoy a virtual private server that is shared and secure at the same time.
- Adjustable to the growing needs
Most of the start-ups and SMBs are unclear about their growing server need and find the enterprise plans a little bit too much and small plans a tad bit lacking. For all these business organizations that are currently in a growing phase, VPS hosting is a perfect solution. The resources can be used and released as per the current needs.
- VPS Hosting is Highly Scalable
While switching over to the VPS hosting, the companies don’t have to change their basic hardware and can keep on growing and adding functional units effortlessly. It is also perfect for cost-cutting and tackling the rising operational needs of a business setup. As you have to pay for only those resources that you use, a VPS hosting is better than dedicated hosting.
- Higher Degree of Customization
The VPS hosting empowers you to change your server configuration as and when required and to a bigger extent than shared hosting. The dedicated hosting comes with a pre-set feature combo that makes it rigid. However, you can configure your VPS hosting with the help of the virtualization software and enjoy the freedom of making changes as per your wishes.
Now that we have read the pros of VPS Hosting let us move on to learn about the disadvantages.
Cons of a VPS Hosting:
- VPS Hosting is more expensive than shared hosting. So, if you don’t choose a plan wisely, you might also end up with increased operational costs.
- People that don’t have a strong technical knowledge might find it hard to configure the VPS hosting services as per their business needs. These people might also find virtualization software confusing. Though one requires a lesser technical experience as compared to the dedicated hosting, VPS hosting requires a basic understanding of server management and configuration.
- As the server is shared by many users at one point in time, every user is allowed a limited amount of access to the server, its resources, and features. So, you cannot enjoy the degree of freedom that is available in the dedicated hosting.
- If you are not using a reputed and reliable server provider, you might fall victim to over-sold space. Many average server operators over-sell their server space for profits, thereby hampering the proper resource allocation. If this is your case, then you might end up with limited resources at your disposal. This can not only hamper your activities, but it can also make it tough for all the websites to operate perfectly. Hence, before you make the final payment, always look for the number of other users with whom you have to share your resources.
We recommend keeping quality of service on top of cost. Always work with reliable and reputed service providers that don’t indulge in such unethical means of over-selling a server space. If you want to economize on your investment, opt for better and smarter means, such as BigRock promo code.
This completes our write-up on the pros and cons of using a VPS hosting over shared and dedicated hosting. We hope that all our readers are able to make an informed choice based on their reading and that they can choose their server plans intelligently.
In case you need more information, expert guidance and want to leave a question for us, you can do so in the comment section. We will reach out to you for sure and offer the best guidance.