Xiaomi sells over one million devices in a single day in the offline market
Sets a new record of selling the highest number of devices in a single day offline
The biggest contributor being smartphones
Xiaomi, India’s number 1 smartphone and Smart TV brand, today announced that it sold over one million devices in a single day in the offline market – on 10 January 2020. This milestone coincides with the anniversary of the beginning of Xiaomi’s offline expansion, which started in Q1 2017.
Xiaomi devices include smartphones, Mi TVs, Mi Ecosystem and accessory products, of which smartphones were the biggest contributors. These devices were sold across Mi Home, Mi Studio, Mi Stores, Mi Preferred Partner channels besides leading retail chains.
Offline sales for Xiaomi have been growing phenomenally. Here are some milestones in the growth journey it has witnessed:
- Offline sales was the fastest growing channel for Xiaomi in the festive season, growing by 70% YoY and over 50% MoM. The offline TV business also grew by over 400% YoY.
- Xiaomi is the largest exclusive brand retail network in India as per a recent study conducted by Channelplay, a leading retail and channel solution provider. The study also showed that Xiaomi’s retail network was:
- 44% bigger than Samsung India
- 48% bigger than Cafe Coffee Day (CCD)
- 108% bigger than Dominos India, and
- 117%+ bigger than Bata India; in terms of exclusive brand retail presence
- Xiaomi opened the highest record number of retail stores in the world – Mi Stores, by inaugurating 519 Mi Stores simultaneously and achieved a Guinness World Record on 29 October 2018.
- Xiaomi opened its first exclusive retail store – Mi Home on 20 May 2017 and did a record-breaking INR 5 crore in revenue (USD 775,000) within 12 hours of sales. Over 10,000 Mi Fans from across the country showed up on the opening day to purchase their favorite Xiaomi product.
Xiaomi currently has offline presence across 2500+ Mi Stores, 75+ Mi Home and 20+ Mi Studios, 7000+ Mi Preferred Partner stores.
Sunil Baby, Head – Offline Operations, Xiaomi India says, “Xiaomi started its dedicated offline expansion in Q1 of 2017, and this year to commemorate the anniversary – we decided to do something special. The entire offline team and our Supply Chain Management team has worked extremely hard for weeks to be able to achieve the one million devices milestone in a single day across our offline presence. It is indeed a special moment. What makes it even more special is the love reciprocated from our Mi Fans who came down and purchased products, even without extensive discounts or schemes running.”
He further added, “The growth of our offline presence in India has been truly remarkable, and we are proud of the achievements made during this phenomenal journey. Right from our extended family of Mi Preferred Partners, to our beautiful Mi Homes and industry benchmarking Mi Stores – we have learnt a lot and have come a long way. We hope 2020 continues to bless us as we work on further expanding our offline presence in India to reach the next few million Mi Fans.”
About Xiaomi Corporation
Xiaomi Corporation was founded in April 2010 and listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on July 9, 2018 (1810.HK). Xiaomi is an internet company with smartphones and smart hardware connected by an Internet of Things (IoT) platform at its core. With the vision of being friends with its users and being the “coolest company” in the hearts of its users, Xiaomi is committed to continuous innovation, with an unwavering focus on quality and efficiency. The company relentlessly builds amazing products with honest prices to let everyone in the world enjoy a better life through innovative technologies. Xiaomi is currently the world’s fourth-largest smartphone brand, and has established the world’s largest consumer IoT platform, with more than 196 million smart devices connected to this platform, excluding smartphones and laptops. Currently, Xiaomi products are present in more than 80 countries and regions around the world and have a leading foothold in many of them. In July 2019, Xiaomi for the first time made the Fortune Global 500 list, ranking 468th among all, and 7th in the Internet Services and Retailing category. It is also the youngest Global 500 company of 2019.
Xiaomi India is the number 1 smartphone player since Q3 2017. Xiaomi India is the number 1 Smart TV brand since Q2 2018 as per IDC Worldwide Quarterly Tracker.
You might also like
More from E-Commerce
Amazon.in announces ‘WOW Salary Days’ Deals and offers on Electronics, Appliances, TVs, Furniture and more starting March …
Valentine’s Day Guide: Re-ignite the spirit of love with the latest trends from Amazon Fashion & Beauty!
Valentine’s Day Guide: Re-ignite the spirit of love with the latest trends from Amazon Fashion & Beauty! With Valentine’s Day right …