The pandemic due to Covid-19 has introduced lots of changes in our teaching methods and techniques.
Technology and Education
One thing to be highlighted here as technology has no doubt proven to be useful in education. But it has its worth when employed thoughtfully. Mere surfing on internet to collect piece of information does not add to any meaning. Online teaching methods in India have come of age thanks to Video conferencing, web conferencing tools offered by Zoom, Google Meet and many more brands. Along with these tools there are online tuitions being attended by students from home taking help of number of Apps referred to Edtech Apps which are as easy to download and use like 1,2, 3, Go.
Use of Apps in Education
Like we use common Apps for communication like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. In the same way we have many Edtech Apps which are used in teaching our kids like Kahoot, a free educational App that enables virtual group studies, King of Maths, Quick Math, ScratchJr, Google Arts and Culture and the list goes on. One has to smartly adopt the right App for gaining knowledge on specific subject or a lesson. One such App today we are reviewing is Yellow Class App. On the onset we found it to be quite an informative channel in place and that too in a niche of Extra Curricular activities which has become a talking point due to lockdowns and home bound kids. Small kids can be distracted easily so parents have to keep a check on their kids.
What is Yellow Class App?
Yellow class is an online platform for kids to learn, explore and discover through various live hobby classes such as dance, storytelling, story writing, vocabulary, painting, drawing, art and craft, flameless cooking, and many more. Get these classes free from top mentors.
Why to use Yellow Class App?
Here are the reasons to use Yellow Class App
- Free live hobby classes: Attend daily free live classes from this app. Material required, timings, etc will be updated in the calender at least 48 hours before to the Class.
- Various Programs to explore: With over 30+ unique hobby class which includes dance, calligraphy, yoga, phonics, flameless cooking, and many more. Kids can choose their favourites by taking all these class for free.
- Highly Certified and experienced mentors: Teachers at Yellow class are very engaging and interactive making the environment joyous and learning. They keep up with the notion of ‘fun and learn’.
- Classes with Polls/Quiz: In-between the classes answer some topic related questions to test your learnings.
- Doubts get answered right away : During the live session their coaches will clear all your doubts immediately
We have downloaded the Yellow Class App from Google Play Store. It took just under a minute to download and here are the downloading and installing steps.
- Name of App – Yellow Class by IvyPods
- Available on – Google Play store or App Store (For Apple Users)
- Size of App & Version – 38 MB, 1.1.4
- Cost – Free
- Current Rating – 4.8
- Last updated – June 1, 2021, Installs – 100,000+
- Requires Android 5.0 and up
- Content Rating Rated for 3+
App Installation Process
- Look for Yellow Class App for Android and Apple users
- Can be used on a variety of platforms on mobile, desktop, laptop, tabs
- Download the App from Google Play and App Store
- Create an account for registration
- Ready to use
Salient features of the App
- Exciting and fun Hobby classes
- Interactive and mentor based learning mode
- Value based learnings
- Free of cost and free from ads, no interruption or non-stop sessions
- Huge collection of Hobby classes to choose from Art, Dance, Literature, Visual arts, Cooking, Magic, Drawing, Painting, Yoga, Craft, Art, Storytelling, Chess, English, GK and so on
- Ramayana stories teaching cultural and moral values
- Something new to learn every day instills learning skills in the kids
- Offline video recording can be made available in case one misses out any live session
- Tutors / Teachers are friendly and really know the subject in depth keeping in mind the young audience’s grasping power and knowledge gain methods
- SUPW (Social Useful Productive Work) topics are covered really very well
- Keeps the young audience glued and come back with next lesson to learn
- A must have essential during the pandemic time in order to keep the students busy with their mental and physical development
- Personality development of the young minds
- Doubt clearing during live sessions in order to instill confidence in the students
There are quite a handful of Edtech Apps on Google Play Store. Most of these are catering to K-12 academic learning space. There are fewer Apps that offer extra-curricular activities learning especially to the younger kids in age group 5 to 12. The App offers a hands on solution for parents looking to instill the habit of hobbies or extra-curricular activities for their kids. The curriculum is designed on a learning model which brings back the childhood. Though the screen causes strain and affects the eyesight of the young generation, but there is no other alternative to this.
About Yellow Class
The Yellow Class is a brainchild of two young entrepreneurs Arpit Mittal and Anshul Gupta. It was setup in the year 2020 with a mission to enable young parents to get the best hobby classes for their kids from the most inspiring mentors in the world. The Yellow Class has a group of active minds working to create something inspiring. Moreover, with agility, positivity, and niche skill set, the team at Yellow Class loves to take up challenges head-on. Both the founders Arpit and Anshul are parents to the young kids and the idea to create Yellow Class came from their own lives.
While a majority of Edtech start-ups are populating the K-12 (academic learning) space, Yellow Class wants to be the one-stop platform for extracurricular learning. It offers hobby classes in dancing, painting, craft, creative writing, storytelling, GK, flameless cooking, yoga, magic, and more. There are over 30 instructors who are taking 50-odd programmes on Yellow Class. Each class duration is 40-50 minutes, and is attended by 2,000+ kids.
The Gurugram-based start-up’s mission is to help 50 million mothers get access to world-class extracurricular learning for their kids over the next five years.
Yellow Class App Review
You might also like
More from App
Protecting against harmful financial services products by Google India Providing a safe and secure experience across Google’s products is our top …
iPadOS 14 introduces new features designed specifically for iPad Made-for-iPad app designs, streamlined system interactions with compact UIs for Siri, Search, …