- Introduced new version of XWallet, a mobile app that eases digital payment and enables small individual merchants to accept payment in digital assets on the Android phone
- Showcased XPOS, a blockchain-based point-of-sale enabling faster transaction of digital assets
- Showcased XPhone, the first blockchain smartphone
Las Vegas, January 11, 2019 – At Consumer Electronics Show 2019.(CES 2019), Pundi X, a leading global developer of blockchain-powered devices, introduced the XWallet mobile app which serves as a bridge to connect regular digital asset wallets with the Pundi X digital payment ecosystem. Pundi X also showcased a series of their blockchain enabled devices such as XPOS – Point of Sale devices that facilitates cryptocurrency transactions at any physical stores and the XPhone Prototype – a blockchain-based OS and transmission protocol for mobile devices, that allows users to make calls, send messages and transmit data via a fully decentralized blockchain network.
The XWallet app, which was officially launched late last year, after undergoing a period of beta testing is complementary to the XPASS card and/or can be used independently of it— is a critical addition to Pundi X blockchain ecosystem. It gives consumers complete control over the digital assets at their fingertips and allows them to make cardless/cashless digital asset transactions at their favorite retail stores.
Zac Cheah, CEO and Co-founder, Pundi X said, “CES has long been regarded as the platform to showcase cutting edge technologies and innovations from around the world which consumers will use in coming years. At Pundi X, we strive to make blockchain tech accessible to improve people’s everyday lives. CES is the perfect place for us to showcase our blockchain tech via the XPOS, XPASS card, XWallet app, and the XPhone Prototype as examples of how blockchain is already changing the ways in which we transact, share and communicate.”
New features added in the new version of XWallet:
- This will allow merchants to accept crypto payment directly on their phones. The customers can simply scan the QR-code provided by the merchants and complete the payment. This is another way for the merchants to use Pundi X technology to easily accept crypto payment.
- To activate this feature, the merchants will be asked to submit an XWallet Merchant application. Once the application gets approved, the “Collect” page would be marked with “Pundi X verified merchant”
- The merchant can open the XWallet app, then show the QR code on “Collect” page for customers to scan and pay or simply tap “Save” on “Collect” page to download the QR code as a picture, print it out, and place it by the check stand for customers to scan and pay.
- Payment would go directly to the XWallet Merchant’s Virtual Card account.
- This feature will generate the greatest interest to the users is the new loyalty scheme that provides incentives to increase usage of the app. The more tasks the users complete in the app, the more tokens they will be rewarded.
- Specifics of the loyalty reward program for the XWallet will be released inside the app. With XWallet, Pundi X will be able to use blockchain to revolutionize rewards programs entirely by giving consumers a fair share of what they put in.
The new version of the XWallet app is available for free download on the Google Play Store.
About Pundi X
Pundi X is a leading developer of blockchain-powered devices, including the world’s first point-of-sales (“POS) solution enabling merchants and consumers to do transactions on the blockchain in the physical stores.
Its POS, the XPOS, has been shipped to markets including in the UK, Switzerland, Korea, Colombia, Taiwan and Brazil; 100,000 of the devices are being targeted for a rollout to the global retail market by 2021.
Headquartered in Singapore its international presence includes offices in London, Jakarta, Sao Paulo, Seoul Shenzhen and Tokyo.
The company is also a member of Singapore Fintech Association, Fintech Association of Hong Kong, ACCESS, and Swiss Finance and Fintech Association.